Saturday, October 25, 2008

My display was damaged tonight













There was a huge storm in my area tonight and this gorgeous "stone" column was badly damaged. Why is it that high winds only kick up on my block during the 3 weeks that my front yard is filled w/ carved foam? Now I have to spend much of the day tomorrow making repairs. Plus, the lights in one of my giant witch's eyes went out today. It would be easy enough to fix if she wasn't perched on top of my roof. Not sure how I'll fix that one.

2 comments:

Grim said...

Man, that sucks. I think that is one of my biggest fears, that the wind will tear up my haunt. I worry more about that than some kids coming in and tearing up stuff. I got tired of chasing tombstones down the street in years past, so now I have a way of setting them up that I am convinced would hold them if a hurricane came through. One of my monster mud men blew over earlier this month and fell against the hood of my car then slid off, leaving a few nice scratches. I was more worried about the prop being damaged, but it was ok.

oldefrostfarm1780 said...

So sorry to hear that...you must be somewhere near me...We had Wicked Howling Winds last nite...Hope all goes well with your displays right thru Halloween.....adele

Related Posts with Thumbnails