Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Well, there's good news and there's bad news...

My friend and neighbor Henry does a wonderful Halloween display each year. I've always dreamed that the 15 of so houses located between his and mine would join in on the decorating and our simple suburban block would become the Halloween epicenter of the world! (I dream big.) Well, sadly it doesn't look like that dream will ever become a reality because Henry is moving away.

That's the bad news.

The good news is that he was generous enough to bequeath me EVERY PROP FROM HIS YARD HAUNT!! It took four carloads this weekend, but I finally managed to get everything back to my house.

Here's the final take:
-8 amazing tombstones
-1 giant obelisk
-A nine foot tall Grim Reaper (with scythe)
-1 demon dog house (with bloody bowl, giant chain and red glowing eyes)
-3 fog machines (and fog fluid)
-1 fog chiller
-Dozens and dozens of "wooden" planks to cover up our windows
-2 blacklights and assorted spotlights
-Various light-up skulls and bones
-Decayed wooden fencing


















Though I am incredibly excited to have all this great new stuff, I would be lying if I didn't admit that I would be even more excited to have him stick around and continue using these props in his own yard. There's something really great about having a like minded person haunting their home close by and I'm going to miss that. Our neighborhood and town will certainly be poorer once he's gone.

Here are a few shots of his display from years past...




4 comments:

Ghoul Friday said...

Sorry to hear your partner in slime is moving away, but great score on the props!

Carrie Mae said...

That's sad but awesome.

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Ah, I am really sorry to hear that...I know that dream. I have it too!!! Love those tombstones! Those pictures of the house are great!

Looking forward to pictures of your yard this year!

Cheers!

PumpkinBrain said...

Sorry to hear you lost your partner. Hopefully, you didn't loose everything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails